Woman Farts And Causes Fire While Undergoing Surgery

A woman’s fart during an operation started a fire that resulted in her suffering serious burns.

Japanese media reported that the patient, in her 30s, was having a form of laser surgery on her cervix at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital.

But the woman let one rip during the op – with the fart believed to have ignited the laser.

The resulting fire left her with serious burns to much of her body, including her waist and legs.

The incident happened in the hospital’s Shinjuku Ward in April, but the details have only emerged recently following an investigation into the flames.

A committee of experts examined the case and released a report about the incident.

Their findings showed that no flammable materials were in the operating theatre during the surgery.

The report also stated that there was no fault with the equipment used.

It read: 

When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.

Source: Metro

Post a Comment