0

Abductors Refuse To Release Turkish Int'l School Victims Despite Collecting N10 Million Ransom 

The abductors of pupils and staff of the Turkish International School in Ogun State have refused to release their victims days after parents and relatives allegedly paid over N10 million ransom as requested.

According to The Nation, the kidnappers had told the relatives to drop the ransom at designated points on Friday and directed them to wait at different places to pick up their beloved ones.

Some relatives were asked to go to certain locations in Ogun and Ondo states while others were directed to wait at Agboju, on the Badagry Expressway around 9pm on Friday.

Two days after the payments were made however, none of the 8 persons abducted from the school in the Isheri area of Ogun state have so far been released.

The kidnappers reportedly informed some relatives that they had breached the agreement not to bring security operatives to the designated places or receive any phone calls aside that of the abductors.

One parent who chose not to be named, said her family paid N5million on Friday.

She said: “What else do they want us to do? We paid N5 million and yet they have refused to release my little girl. This is the ninth day and the longest of all such incidents in schools ever witnessed. Is this a repeat of Chibok girls abduction?

“The most annoying part is that the Ogun State government seems to be adamant over this. Apart from the day the Deputy Governor visited the school and assured us that they would be released, nothing has been heard from the government.”

In reaction to the development, Spokesman for the Ogun state police command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, told newsmen that security forces were closing in on the kidnappers.

He said: “We are very optimistic. We believe that we would rescue the girls soon.”


Post a Comment

 
Top