All The Artiste's Who Turned Down Offer To Perform At Trump's Inauguration
They still want Hilary Clinton...
President-elect, Donald Trump, has been described as 'controversial' and many celebrities have openly showed their displeasure after he won the election.
Many of the artiste's invited to perform at his inauguration in nine days time have turned down the offer.
Metro online news gives us the list:
Celine Dion – turned Trump down
It has been reported that Steve Wynn, the owner of the Las Vegas hotel Wynn and a long-time Trump supporter promised the president-elect that he would be able to lock down Celine, who is currently performing a residency in town.
But it wasn’t to be, with sources now claiming that Celine straight up said ‘non’ to the request.
Charlotte Church – turned Trump down
Elton John – turned Trump down
‘There is no truth in this at all,’ the rep added.
That told Trump.
Rebecca Ferguson – turned Trump down
However her request was denied – we wonder why – and she confirmed on Twitter on Tuesday that she ‘will not be singing’.
Moby – turned Trump down
American DJ Moby also turned Trump down… unless the President-elect released his tax returns.
There’s been no update from Trump’s team so we’ll assume that’s a no.
David Foster – turned Trump down
|David Foster on Instagram|
Ice T – turned Trump down
Andrea Boccelli – turned down by Trump
It is thought that the classical singer offered his singing services to Trump but Trump inauguration committee chairman Thomas J. Barrack, Jr. confirmed that Trump said thanks but no thanks.
‘The Bocellis came to him and said, “Look, if it would be helpful to you, if you would like us to perform, we would consider it”. And Donald said: “You don’t need to. We’re not in that kind of a framework. Thanks very much for the offer. You’re my friend. You are always welcome at the White House”,’ Barrack told CNBC.
Dixie Chicks – flat out refused
Their manager Simon Renshaw cleared up any lingering rumours by admitting it would be the last cheque any one gets if they say yes.
‘If anyone does do it, I hope that the check that they get is in the nine figures,’ he said.
‘Because it’s probably the last check they’re ever going to get…No one is prepared to normalise what is going on in the country right now.’
Adam Lambert – flat out refused
Adam, who has found fame touring with the remaining members of Queen, admitted that he wouldn’t feel comfortable accepting that pay cheque.
‘I don’t think I would take the money on that one,’ he told the BBC. ‘I don’t think I’d be endorsing that. They might struggle.’
The 1975’s Matt Healy – would consider it
‘I’ll do it if they give me cash up front. Then watch what would happen. It would be a riot,’ he told BBC.
Garth Brooks – would consider it
'It’s always about serving. It’s what you do,' Garth told TMZ, even while admitting he hadn’t been asked.
The Beach Boys – would consider it
‘But no decision has been made at this point as to how or whether they will participate. We will let you know as soon as a decision is final.’
There has been no update from the Boys yet.
Jackie Evancho – agreed to perform
So far the only confirmed performer is 16-year-old Jackie, who was a contestant on America’s Got Talent.
‘I am so excited. It’s going to be awesome. I felt really honored to be able to sing for the office. It’s a great honor for me,’ she told The Today Show.
So, only one confirmed performer? How will it go? Let's See.